Monday, June 29, 2009

A Father's Joy!

So, I know I'm late posting this since Father's Day was more than a week ago. My Father's day actually started the day after. I decided to hit the road to pick up my twins in Kentucky. I left Atlanta before the crack of dawn so I could see my babies in the A.M. It is a 5 hour trip from Atl but it was so well worth it.

I made it to Kentucky around 10 a.m. central. Before I could make it to the front door to ring the bell, it popped open. Makayla was there and jumped into my arms. Wow! My baby is getting so big was all I could think of. Montrel then appeared standing almost 8 inches taller. My Boy! They were both excited as I was. They both rushed me to be the first to give me their homemade Father's Day card. I loved them both! And both cards had money in it! A buck each! :-) They know me so well. Of course that money would be going directly back to them for all the things they request. But its cool, because I loved the thought.

The most special gift that I have received from them was the Father's day song Makayla wrote and sung for me. OMG! It was the best... Check it!

I know that everyone thinks their daddy is the best.
Well let me just inform them all that i'm the one who's blessed.
There's no other dad like you, of that I am quite sure.
For no matter what the pain you always have a cure.

My baby wrote that for me!!!! And then sung it with her cute crackly voice. I was on top of the world! Could it get any better? I am a proud daddy. Of course I have a video of her singing that I will be viewing for the rest of my life.

We spent several days together and had a ball. On the way home I timed it so that I could stay to watch Montrel play in his baseball playoff game. Overall it was a great week.

I will be blogging soon about something that is very hard for me to get use to. That is dealing with the kids when its time for them to return home. I am feeling pretty good right now and writing about that may just kill my spirit. Keep a look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment