Saturday, July 25, 2009

Introducing The Kid(s)

He’s just not that into you. We know the truth hurts, but this is definitely a reason some guys don’t introduce a woman to his kids. Maybe enough time has passed that he knows you well enough, but he doesn’t think he’s in it for the long-haul with you. He’s not convinced that you’re The One.

http://coparenting101.org/2009/06/30/co-parenting-and-dating-why-he-wont-introduce-you-to-his-kids/

"When will I meet your kid(s)?!?!" This has been a big question asked of me for some time now during random dates I've been on. And the same answer applied to all that asked. I'm just not that into you. Its kind of a harsh thing to say. And for the record I never said it... just thought it. I always had to come up with a clever way to tell women "I don't think I'm that into you just yet for me to introduce you to my children."

Well it has been almost 2 years since I separated from my ex-wife and almost 6 months since the divorce has been finalized. I have been on what seems to have been countless dates. After all that today I introduced my youngest to my love.

It went much better than I anticipated. My boy tends to shy away from people he don't know. Well he gives them the cold shoulder! I had to warn her that it may take him up to 30 minutes to warm up and speak. So she was well prepared. All three of us got together over breakfast this morning. I couldn't believe it! He was shy for about 5 minutes and the rest of our breakfast went very well.

"I had a great time. He is so cute and too funny!" That was a text sent by my love and when read aloud was like music to my ears. I always said that whoever I choose she would have to be able to enjoy my kids. And they would have to be comfortable with her. He told her one of his knock knock jokes, played blow the crayons back and forth, and even gave her a high five after breakfast! That's way more interaction than most family could get out of him after a full day.

I noticed something special about my love when we first met. Some sort of comforting, loving feeling. And even now she fails to disappoint. Maybe my boy is sensing the same things I was. Nevertheless, she has opened yet another door to my heart. My little boy likes her. :-)

1 comment: