Saturday, October 10, 2009

Deep Thoughts...


Is it giving up or is it strategic planning? I have been to numerous court appearances and been in more than enough arguments with my ex-wife. I have come to the point where I have become fed up with the fighting about child support and tired of the games concerning visitation with my son. I have moved on. I found a wonderful woman. I have a new direction. I have decided to take the every other weekend visit with my son. That is the schedule my ex so graciously given me. Of course I think that's more complete and utter bullshit (see earlier post). I was a father there everyday and now reduced to bi-weekly visitation. Yes that hurts like hell but I had to realize that this is my reality. I don't want to fight anymore. I want to move on.

I was watching Judge Judy today and she mention to a woman that was keeping her kids away from their father. Judge Judy told the woman that one day the father would say he has had enough. He will move on because the mom has made it too difficult. Judge Judy said that he has already found a beautiful woman and that he will just wait until the children are older to see them. She also said that this is behavior she has seen thousands of times before during her career. Judge Judy seemed to take it as a natural event and that is exactly how I took it. It kind of gave me confirmation that I am not alone in my thinking. Now I don't plan on not seeing my boy every chance I get, but I will discontinue arguing and fighting for any time beyond what was court ordered. I will take my time that was given and make the most of it. Judge Judy said to the mother that if she continued the children would grow to hate her for keeping them from their father. I hate the fact that I won't have the opportunity to raise my children in a complete household. Not waking each morning to their voices. Not teaching them everyday and playing all the time. Its sad to think about of but I now only look to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment